The MAC-PAC gathers regularly to feed. Here are some of the ‘regular’ gatherings.
Third Sunday Breakfast
There’s a regular monthly breakfast meeting the third Sunday of every month at Michael’s Restaurant, just off US 422 at the intersection of Rte 662 in Douglassville PA. We typically gather around 8 am and will hang around till around 10 am. You might even find us hanging around outside in the parking lot till 11 am. We typically park in the front arc area by the intersection of Rte 662 and US 422. You’ll be able to see the bikes from the roadside.
If you’re going north on Rte 100 make a left at the light at W Cedarville Rd. Go about .3 mile and take Laurelwood Rd north another .3 mile to Rte 724. Make a left on Rte 724 and head west for about 3-4 miles to River Bridge Rd. Make a right onto River Bridge Rd going over the Schuylkill River and take it to the second traffic light (US 422 W). Make a left onto US 422 and go about .3 mile. Rte 662 and Michael’s will be on your right. You can enter the parking lot from US 422 or by Rte 662.
If you going south on Rte 100 stay to the right as you approach US 422. Take US 422 W about 4 miles. Michael’s will be on your right. You can enter the parking lot from US 422 or by Rte 662.
On Google Maps search for Michael’s Restaurant. It’s easy to find with the address being:
1211 Benjamin Franklin Hwy, Douglassville PA 19518
Second Tuesday dinner
We try to rotate these dinners around Chester, Berks, Lehigh, Montgomery, and Bucks counties to give people from different regions the ability to attend. We typically will meet at this monthly event around 6:30 PM. The date can even be flexible if required by a rally or a holiday. Tune in to the email list or the MAC-PAC Facebook page for the latest news.
The Brass Ring
Some of the more Northern members have breakfast on Sunday mornings at the Brass Ring.
The Brass Ring is in West Amwell, NJ at the intersection of SR 31 and CR 518. Route 518 is also the Lambertville-Hopewell Turnpike.
White Elephant Gift Exchange (WEGE) Extravaganza and Blue Toad Dinner
WEGE is the Engineers version of Polyanna. Why Engineer’s? Because it takes an Engineer to complicate boiling water. There are rules and then additional rules imposed on the original rules. Then, there is the Empress (SWMBO). The Empress may change the rules at any time during the game if it is taking too long, if someone is behaving badly, or if she feels like it. Said rules are:
- Bring ONE WRAPPED GIFT (any OPAQUE wrapping is acceptable)
- Generally speaking the gift should be something that someone may WANT to
steal (although it is not a requirement) BUT NOT EXPENSIVE EITHER
- Gift should be MOTO related
- Gift can be new or used
- Gift SHOULD be WRAPPED (did I mention that already?)
- Gift should NOT have a “from” name. (all are ANONYMOUSLY submitted)
- Everyone that brings a gift will get a NUMBER
- Numbers will be pulled randomly
- When your number is pulled you choose a wrapped gift and open it for
everyone to ogle OR you may steal a previously opened gift. (only the
first person does not get to steal since nothing is opened yet)
- Gifts cannot be stolen more than three times. (the game just gets too
Blue Toad is the door prize and donations are unwrapped and optional.
- Blue toad gifts do not need to be wrapped.. they can be wrapped if it is something so heinous that it will never be given away
- Everyone gets a number for the door prizes (blue toads) even if you don’t bring a blue toad donation
Photos from the 14th White Elephant Exchange Extravaganza and Blue Toad Dinner. Photos from the previous 13 were banned from the internet 😮